Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Raid 0 and Oc'n

• Please log in to reply

Pa1n

Pa1n

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
K guys few quick questions .. is it safe to oc while runnin a raid 0 array, I am just wonderind since both disk are running at same time and sometimes when u oc pc freezes or wat not and u have to manually reset comp to get back at the post screen, so :tazz: thats mainly my question thx in advance

Advertisements

astrophysicist

astrophysicist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I'd have to advise against it because of the nature of RAID 0. There is no redundancy in this setup and also no fault tolerance. If you are in the middle of writting data to your array and your PC freezes or crashes you will not be able to recover that data. I guess it all depends on what you are doing with the system too.

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
its just for gaming dont have no mission critical data on here :tazz: