Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista only booting in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

EmberRenee

EmberRenee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have an acer aspire 5515 with windows vista home basic, about 6 months ago for some reason my laptop stopped booting in anything else but safe mode.i have tried f8 at start up and have done all of the options they gave me. it will not let me do system restore or config. i have tried debugging and still nothing has worked. i have even made sure to go into the pc and make sure the pc wasnt set to boot on safe mode! what do i do now?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
:welcome: EmberRenee

It may not be needed but do you have a Vista OS disk or an Acer reinstallation that may have been shipped with the computer.

If you have internet access when you boot into Safe Mode download and run Windows Repair (All In One) which is available from here

Be sure that before you select the Start Repairs option that you create a new restore point and back up the registry, the tweaking.com software will allow you to do this from there.

As an asides EmberRenee can I ask that you do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to confusion as to which guidance you are following, if a member of the malware team suspects that your computer is infected we must stop our work here until you get the all clear of malware on that particular forum.