Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i can't use yahoo messenger in my xp

• Please log in to reply

pipasharto

pipasharto

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys,
i am new here. theres a peculiar problem with my yahoo messenger it says it encounter problem and need to close during installation and after installation it never starts continuing to say that it encounters problem. i am using yahoo messenger quite a bit of time and using the previous versions. all the problem occurs after i tried to upgrade it with new 7 beta. hope any one can help.bye

--- shahrear

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
do u have administrator access to the computer?
access to add programs

if you do try reinstalling the setup or install file again

Edited by RogueComGeek, 09 June 2005 - 01:32 AM.

pipasharto

pipasharto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
unforunately i am the only user of my computer, and the only account i used is the administrator account. i have tried reinstalling but of no use. and the sad part is i clean the registry and remove all things containing yahoo messenger then try to install earlier version but of no use.

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
ohh boy :-S
probly the next thing i would do is reinstall windows...if ya want the oringal yahoo to work. 3ed party multi messenger might be the next option
reminds me of what happens if u install the radeon drivers before direct x on my computer. cant undo it by just uninstalling then reinstalling :-S have to do it by reinstalling windows :-S
and the computer crashes every 20 mins heh. something ill always remember