Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

machine

• Please log in to reply

loc122

loc122

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi i wanna make my own machine for cs 1.6 servers something like hosting but i don't know how can somebady help me ?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
http://www.cstrike-p...r-Strike-Server

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i need help about compatible parts for the machine like ram ,hard disk , mb , gpu ,cpu ?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Given this is in the Windows Server forum, I presume you intend on running Windows on this machine rather than Linux? The guide has both options.

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
im running server on windows 7 with console but it have too much lag and if i put it on linux would be better and who is the best linux for cs 1.6 serverS?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Are you playing the game on the same computer as the server at present, or is it dedicated? What sort of internet connection do you have and how many are using it at a time? How many are playing your games?

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yes i playing on the same computer but i can put the server on another computer on the same internet i don't know is it dedicated or something else i wanna make machine for more server and i have to much lag with one stardet what will be if i start 10 server it would be sh**t . I use the net only for my televizion samsung tv smart with wifi and i have another connected wifi router with my modem when i connect with router server don't work but i connect just with my modem and server start
PS i don't have lag on my server another players have lag

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
bump ?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I've moved this to the Games forum where hopefully someone with more experience with the game can help out from here

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
nobody will help i know that but im still waiting :help:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you are playing on the server, of course you won't have lag - you're connecting to yourself, so it's going to be quick for you. For the other players that do experience lag, are they local (i.e. plugged in to the same network) or are they over the internet?

What sort of internet connection do you have? Can you run a speedtest and show the results here please?

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
my internet is on net
Download speed 8.67
upload speed 0.62
ping 11 ms

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff