Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2002

• Please log in to reply

Playforfun

Playforfun

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,
I've just bought a refurb Thinkpad T410 running Windows7.

Initially I didn't want to buy the new Office product set so installed a copy I have running on an old OEM pedestal computer running Windows XP - ie. Microsoft Office 2002.

Installation was successful BUT Outlook will not store my email password which creates a bit of a pain entering the password each time I want to Send/Receive emails.

I did try to install Office 2003 SP3 but after the Unzip I could not access the .exe file to continue the installation.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or work arounds?

Cheers.
Playforfun

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
What is the exact error message that you get when you try to access the .exe ?
If you could either copy/paste the full message or add a screenshot, it would be great.

Playforfun

Playforfun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think I've confused the situation.
My problem is that Office 2002 on Windows7 does not permit the storing of the email password. So for every Send/Receive I am prompted to enter the Password.
Does anyone have a work around?
Any help or guidance much appreciated.
Pff

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

I think I've confused the situation.
My problem is that Office 2002 on Windows7 does not permit the storing of the email password. So for every Send/Receive I am prompted to enter the Password.
Does anyone have a work around?
Any help or guidance much appreciated.
Pff

It looks like there's an exact solution to your problem.
Post from Andre Da Costa right here : http://answers.micro...c7-2eb785f13315
Who sends a link to this fix (password issue between Office 2002 and Windows 7 is a known issue) : http://www.outlook-t...ista-windows-7/
Try the workaround stated under Office 2002.
Let me know if it worked or no or if you're having issues.

Playforfun

Playforfun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Aura, thanks for giving me your time and advice.
the Administrator route still did not save my password.

I quite like the look of AutiIT (maybe 'cos it's free too) but not sure what to do with it?

can you offer any guidance.

Cheers.
Pff

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Aura, thanks for giving me your time and advice.
the Administrator route still did not save my password.

I quite like the look of AutiIT (maybe 'cos it's free too) but not sure what to do with it?

can you offer any guidance.

Cheers.
Pff

AutoIT is an automation scripting language for Windows. It's not a "program" by itself. What they author of the article I linked you mean, is that you could code a script in AutoIT that would automatically enter your password for you (fast) whenever you open Outlook. But for that, you would need to know how to code in AutoIT.

Maybe you could ask if someone in the Software Dev. section can code in AutoIT and would code you a small script to fix that issue ?

Edited by Aura., 04 February 2014 - 10:28 AM.