Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 1.0

• Please log in to reply

Fat Albert

Fat Albert

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a AMD quad core processor, 6 gigs of RAM, 2Gb video card, 1 TB Hard disk drive, blue ray dvd recordable drive.
I am thinking of down grading from Windows 7.1 to Windows 1.0. Will my computer run Windows 1.0?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.

I would try running this emulator so you can see what you would get by going that far back. You could probably run the os in a virtual machine but I think you would have a HUGE amount of problems with compatibility . First that comes to mind is W 1.0 is 16 bit, modern hardware is designed to run 32/64 bit.
> http://thenextweb.co...browser/#!um4jG
Search for,
Windows 1.0 Download.
Windows 1.0 ISO.
Windows 1.0 ships with several programs, including MS‑DOS file management, Paint, Windows Writer, Notepad, Calculator, and a calendar, card file, and clock to help you manage day-to-day activities. There's even a game—Reversi, in color.
I hope you're good at DOS.