Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google Chrome extension [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
# AdwCleaner v3.018 - Report created 09/02/2014 at 15:53:16
# Updated 28/01/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : John - JOHN-HP
# Running from : C:\Users\John\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\BingBar_RASMANCS
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{7736C7FA-512D-11E2-B871-DEC36088709B}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2FA28606-DE77-4029-AF96-B231E3B8F827}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{D43B3890-80C7-4010-A95D-1E77B5924DC3}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tarma Installer

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.16428

-\\ Google Chrome v32.0.1700.107

[ File : C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1566 octets] - [09/02/2014 15:51:58]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1483 octets] - [09/02/2014 15:53:16]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1543 octets] ##########

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Hello Shady,

Download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x64) Version: 09-02-2014 03
Ran by John at 2014-02-09 16:14:23 Run:2
Running from C:\Users\John\Downloads
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

Content of fixlist:
SearchScopes: HKLM - {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.co...&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM - {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo....psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 - {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.co...&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 - {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo....psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKCU - DefaultScope {4EF3CF39-C7E5-4BEA-8A5D-96D4EC04E9FE} URL = http://search.yahoo....p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKCU - {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.co...&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKCU - {4EF3CF39-C7E5-4BEA-8A5D-96D4EC04E9FE} URL = http://search.yahoo....p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKCU - {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo....psg&type=HPNTDF
BHO: No Name - {F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} - No File

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKCR\CLSID\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKCR\CLSID\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKCR\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKCR\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\DefaultScope => Value deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKCR\CLSID\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} => Key not found.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{4EF3CF39-C7E5-4BEA-8A5D-96D4EC04E9FE} => Key deleted successfully.
HKCR\CLSID\{4EF3CF39-C7E5-4BEA-8A5D-96D4EC04E9FE} => Key not found.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKCR\CLSID\{b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} => Key not found.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} => Key not found.
HKCR\CLSID\{F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} => Key not found.

==== End of Fixlog ====

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Hello again Shady,

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

Vista / Win7 users: Right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator.

Note: This scan works with Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.

• Click the green ESET Online Scanner box
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
    then click on: Start
  • You may see a panel towards the top of the screen telling you the website wants to install an addon... click and allow it to install. If your firewall asks whether you want to allow installation, say yes.
  • Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
  • If you are given an option to quarantine files ensure the scan is set to do so.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Click on Start
  • The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close, before you do that though, make sure you copy the logfile to notepad somewhere you can find it again
  • Then click on: Finish
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic and tell me how your machine is now.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
I tried twice and never got a log file. So I just took a screenshot. I hope this is suffice for you. As far as how it's running now. Same as before, although no annoying popup when loading Chrome. That's a plus!

Attached Thumbnails

• Virus Free.png

Edited by Shady, 10 February 2014 - 05:36 AM.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and uninstall Google Chrome and then go here to download Chrome and reinstall it.

Tell me if that makes a difference.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Got it uninstalled and installed with the link provided. Attached is the screenshot of what I was talking about in my initial post. With the 'Website Logon' deal. Not sure what it is and didn't want to do anything with it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2014-02-10 17.36.40.png

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Okay it looks like I misunderstood what you were referring to.

Are you jsebeny... etc?

Do you have a gmail account?

If so, I think that is to synchronize your gmail with your browser.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Yes, that is my e-mail. [email protected]

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Hello again Shady,

Yes, that is my e-mail. [email protected]

Well I believe that is legitimate. Just Google Chrome asking you if you wish to synchronize your google services for easier access, see here. I don't use Chrome but I believe there may be issues with Google tracking what you do when everything is sychronized. On the other hand Google already does that and synchronizing can make things a lot easier for you.

although no annoying popup when loading Chrome. That's a plus!

We have removed some adware (the annoying pop up) and the ASK search engine that redirected your browser searches.

Unless you have any other issues I think you are good to go. :thumbsup:

Now

We have a couple of last steps to perform and then you're all set.Posted Image

Download and run TFC.exe (Vista and above users right click and run as Administrator).

You may be asked to reboot when it is finished. Please do so.

Please go here to download OTC.

Run this program to remove most of the tools we have been using.

If you are asked to reboot the machine to finish the CleanUp process choose Yes.

TFC can be deleted although you may like to keep it. I use it once a week as a clean up and to remove temporary files.

Any remaining tools may be deleted.

Next, we need to clean your restore points and set a new one:

Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

• In the left pane, click System protection. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • Under Protection Settings, click the radio button Configure.
  • Under Disk Space Usage, click the radio button Delete.
  • Click Continue, and then click OK.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reminder: Remember to (re-install if uninstalled during cleaning) update and turn back on any anti-malware programs you may have turned off during the cleaning process.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some things that I think are worth having a look at if you don't already know about them:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection. Refer to this Microsoft article Strong passwords: How to create and use them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Java warning

Java is a popular point of entry to your computer for malicous programs. The United States Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java, see here. Unless you need it to run an important software the safest approach is to completely uninstall Java. Where you do require it, then the next safest option is to disable it in your browsers until you need it, then enable it.

How to disable Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser

If you do still need Java then regularly check that it is up to date. Older versions are the most vulnerable to malicious attack.

• Download Java for Windows

Reboot your computer.
    You also need to unininstall older versions of Java.
  • Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
  • Remove all Java updates except the latest one you have just installed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CryptoLocker Warning

There is a particularly nasty infection out there at the moment.

Go here for information about CryptoLocker Ransomeware

Download CryptoPrevent free for home use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help protect your computer in the future:

If you do not already have automatic updates set then it is recommended that you do set Windows to check, download and install your updates automatically.

* Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update
* Under Windows Update click on Turn automatic updating on or off
* Check items shown to ensure you receive updates automatically. Click OK.

Be aware of what emails you open and websites you visit.

Go here for some good advice about how to prevent infection.

A fun way to check your online safety literacy.

Quiz - getsafeonline

Have a safe and happy computing day!

Advertisements

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
out of curiosity, what do you use for a browser if you don't use Chrome?

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Personally I don't like Chrome. I have tried it out a number of times but can't get comfortable with it.

I find it a real pain trying to fix or change things with it too. As I say, it's only a personal thing lol. Clearly lot's of people do like it.

I actually use two browsers. 90% of the time I use Firefox because I like it and the other 10% I use Internet Explorer because it seems to work better on a minority of sites. I think they are ones set up for Microsoft only programs but I am not a Techie so that's only an assumption.

One I almost switched to was Avant which is very fast and has some great features. Couple of things didn't work for me with it though. One was a Plugin I use for malware analysis that only works with Firefox and Chrome lol. Another was an annoying (at least for me) way the additional tabs opened.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
I had a feeling you were going to say FireFox. I used to use it years ago, then Chrome came out. Guess I could install it again and see how well that works. I just like Chrome cause it syncs everything and seems simple to use. Well, I have done everything you asked on here (I plain deleted Java--hahah). Things are working very well here on my end. I believe everything is 100% now. Thank you!

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts

Guess I could install it again and see how well that works. I just like Chrome cause it syncs everything and seems simple to use.

You should use what you are comfortable with. Really, as I mentioned above, it is only my preference. :)

I believe everything is 100% now. Thank you!

You are very welcome. :happy:

I will keep this topic open for a day or two in case any issues arise.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.