Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't connect to wireless/cable

• Please log in to reply

trosco

trosco

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hello,

I'm having some hard time figuring out my Lan driver on my Hp Pavillion g6-2303sq. The network card is Ralink Radio RT3290. I'm running Windows 7 x64, freshly installed. I've tried the drivers on the hp website and also ECS H61H-G11 (V2.0) Ralink RT3290 WLAN Driver 3.2.7.0: but in both cases I've encountered the same problem - it can't connect to my Planet WNRT-633. It suggests turning it off and on, which i did. Also, it used to connect to it prior to the windows reinstallation, and the signal is full. I've tried searching for solutions on the internet, but couldn't get it working. I've also installed .net framework 4 (don't know if it's related). I'm not sure what to do, please help. Thank you!

Edit: Managed to make it work with cable internet, by installing another ethernet driver and replacing the Raspppoe file in system32/drivers (followed a solution on the web). But the wireless still doesn't work...

Edited by trosco, 08 February 2014 - 06:50 AM.

Advertisements

trosco

trosco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey, sorry for the double post, this topic can be deleted (don't know how to do that myself). I managed to repair the problem, although can't quite tell what it was - changed the security on my router from WPA2 to WPA. If my understanding is correct, this should be a lower security setting, but it's fine with me - as long as there's a password, it should be enough, judging by my neighbours' knowledge. Again, sorry for starting this topic - at the time I thought I tried everything. But after 3-4 hours of work, turns out it wasn't the case.