Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet is switching off and on

• Please log in to reply

M1K3Y

M1K3Y

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am new here. Up until a few days ago, my internet was fine, but now it is constantly turning off and then on again. Sometimes it will stay on for about 15-25 minutes, but then, Bam. Off again. At it's worst, it will only have a connection for about a minute, tops, then it will cut off for about another 20-30 seconds. I use a Windows 8 Toshiba Satellite C885D, with no viruses, but it seems to be a problem with my internet instead of the computer since all of the computers in the house are having this problem. I have AT&T U-verse. Any help?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi M1K3Y :welcome:

If you say the problem affects other computer and devices then the problem must be on the Router or with your ISP.
Power off the router and wait 10s then turn it on. If this didn't solve the problem you need to contact your ISP and ask them to check your connection.

Edited by SleepyDude, 09 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.