Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SpywareWare Blaster 3.4

• Please log in to reply

bug2

bug2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Good Morning. I tried to install Spyware Blaster 3.4 and everything is fine until the end and I get, An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory. MoveFile Failed Code 5. Access Denied. Abort, Retry, or Ignore(ignore not recommened. Thank you. I am a novice so please be as simple as you can.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download a new copy to see if you get the sam error

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I went to Javacool site and looked at frequently asked questions, for this problem. It said first try rebooting, I did, still didn't work. Then make sure all programs are closed. Since I am a dunce, are my microsoft antispyware, spybot, ad aware or mcafee still running, if so how would I close. Download in safe mode. I put spyware blaster in my documents, but when I tried to install it did the same thing.

Being partially computer illiterate I am most likely doing something wrong.
I have had no trouble doing any other installations. I really wanted this program to prevent anything else from coming on my computer. Thanks