Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

videos skip in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Someone just did a fresh install of Windows 7 on this computer and all the videos I play on YouTube & other video sites are skipping/chopy/jerking. Ive gone on the video players sittings & changed the quality to the lowest setting & that didnt work. I dont know if its the video card or what. Ive also made sure my Windows is up to date. Please help me with this.
please & thank you!

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Did you install your graphic card drivers ? I see a lot of people that don't have their graphic card drivers installed when they reinstall Windows. Go in your Device Manager and under "Display Adapters", what do you see ?

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
ok I see there is a exclaimation point next to;
-standard VGA graphics adapter
-PCI simple communications controller

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
So can anyone help me with this please?

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

anyone?

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

anyone?

I still need help w/this plz

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Hello saraveza408

Can you download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
http://speccy.pirifo...bcI1wQ4ntdeOAd1

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Things of note and some questions to ask based on the Speccy report;

Your MB is an ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut (Socket A)type that was used by OEM companies such as HP.

Is your computer a HP.

When you did the fresh install of Windows 7 did you also reinstall the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first, support for the MB from HP here

The MB has integrated graphics + you have an add on video card in the ATI RV100, which device is your display connected to and if the ATI device have you reinstalled the drivers for it (they will be old and possibly hard to find online).

Please note that there is unlikely to be Windows 7 drivers available for such dated hardware but the same 32 or 64-bit platform Vista drivers will often work.

The +3.3V rail on the PSU has a low reading of 2.928V when the safe/stable minimum should be +3.135V, if you are using the ATI RV100 graphics device it could explain the poor video quality, see attachment below.

Also worth a mention is that you are using AVG free, this is very demanding on system resources such as the Ram which is also required to support your graphics solution, consider getting rid of AVG and installing a better free alternative such as Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials, to avoid conflicts you must use the AVG uninstaller tool to successfully remove all traces of AVG, see here

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Also worth a mention is that you are using AVG free, this is very demanding on system resources such as the Ram which is also required to support your graphics solution, consider getting rid of AVG and installing a better free alternative such as Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials, to avoid conflicts you must use the AVG uninstaller tool to successfully remove all traces of AVG, see here

Ok I deleted AVG & got Avast now

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Your MB is an ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut (Socket A)type that was used by OEM companies such as HP.

Is your computer a HP.

When you did the fresh install of Windows 7 did you also reinstall the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first, support for the MB from HP here

Please note that there is unlikely to be Windows 7 drivers available for such dated hardware but the same 32 or 64-bit platform Vista drivers will often work.

The MB has integrated graphics + you have an add on video card in the ATI RV100, which device is your display connected to and if the ATI device have you reinstalled the drivers for it (they will be old and possibly hard to find online).

Can you also answer the questions that I asked please.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Is your computer a HP.

Yes it is a HP....HP Pavillion 061 model DW230A-ABA-a500n X86 based PC is what it says in system information

When you did the fresh install of Windows 7 did you also reinstall the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first, support for the MB from HP....

I have no idea if this was done. I had someone I found on Craaigslist put the fresh install on

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Run DriverMax to see if any driver updates are suggested.
Before you install any new drivers please let us know what if any driver updates are suggested.

Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the “install AVG toolbar” option box.

Remember to always create a new restore point before updating any drivers.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
These are my results...
Capture2.PNG

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture1.PNG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

You have still not answered this question.

You will note the two references to VGA driver update + the one for the CPU to AGP controller, if we don`t know which video port you are using we cannot advise as to which driver should be installed first.

If it transpires that you are using the ATI RV100 add on card you should download and install the CPU to AGP controller driver first and see how it goes.

As an asides saraveza408 can I ask if before you had Windows 7 installed did you run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor tool. first.