Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

videos skip in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

The MB has integrated graphics + you have an add on video card in the ATI RV100, which device is your display connected to and if the ATI device have you reinstalled the drivers for it (they will be old and possibly hard to find online).

As an asides saraveza408 can I ask if before you had Windows 7 installed did you run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor tool. first.

Ok how do i find out the answer to the 1st question?
And no,i did not run the advisor tool

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
If you have two video ports on the computer there will be one that is in a vertical position which will be the MBs integrated video port and further down the case there may also be the same type of port but in a vertical position and this would be an add on card that is plugged into the AGP slot on the MB.

Acknowledged regarding the upgrade advisor tool.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
ok when i 1st hooked up this monitor to the computer I used the vertical one but it didnt work.I noticed there is a horizantal port towards the bottom (see pic).when I plugged the monitor into that one the monitor worked.CAM01051.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the pictures :thumbsup:

We now know that you are using an add on video card so I can explain the reason why the other video port would not work, it is because the BIOS has detected an add on video card and disabled the onboard video chip so that the add on video card will work, this is normal :thumbsup:

To see if we can improve the video card performance;
Create a new restore point.
Download and install the CPU to AGP controller driver (#8 on the list).
Restart the computer and see how it goes.