No worries on the AdwCleaner. I saw enough. I'd like you to run MBAM, ESET and then a scan with System Check (instructions below). As for your Browser question, it really comes down to personal preference. My instructor likes IE as do many users, and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a FireFox guy. However, many folks like Chrome and Opera. They all have their strong points and weaknesses. Since you've already got Chrome set up and working the way you like, I'd stick with it.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Then, ESET Online Scanner:
Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Vista / Win7 users: Right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
Note: This scan works with Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
- Click the green ESET Online Scanner box
then click on: Start
- You may see a panel towards the top of the screen telling you the website wants to install an addon... click and allow it to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
- If your firewall asks whether you want to allow installation, say yes.
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click on Start
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first! located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- Then paste the Logfile in the thread
- Then click on: Finish
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Security Check Log