Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It all started with Smitfraud

• Please log in to reply

stephanieh

stephanieh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I need help. Over a month ago when everyone seemed to be getting hit with Smitfraud, I got it too. I followed some posted advice and was at least able to get my computer from an inoperable state to a point where I could function minimally. Now, my current problems are as follows: I cannot open any new windows out of current ones or any clickable links in my e-mail. And when I start the computer in the morning, it moves very slowly, then eventually gets to a point where I can work. I believe my McAfee program may be part of the problem as well, but I can't be sure. Plus, I believe there may be remnants of Smitfraud still lingering.

I come to this site for advice and help regularly. I began to follow the steps for Malware removal until... I couldn't open the download link for any of the "removal" programs. So, without being able to install and run Adaware and any of the others, what do I do to rid my computer of these nasty bugs? I'd appreciate any help.

Stephanie

Advertisements