Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word 2010 Problem

• Please log in to reply

Braind

Braind

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
When I open or in any way try to use MS Word 2010, I get an error message.

https://www.dropbox....10 19.52.18.png

When I click on Show Help button, I get this message:

This error is usually caused by insufficient memory or low disk space. It also occurs when the default Word template (normal.dotm) is corrupt, when the VBE6.DLL file is the wrong version, or when permissions to the TEMP folder on a server share do not allow access to the folder by the user.
Low memory or disk space can be solved by either closing unused applications, removing unused programs or files from your hard drive, or by adding RAM or a larger hard drive. In some cases, a memory leak might have occurred and is exhausting RAM without your knowledge. If you suspect that a memory leak is the problem, shutdown Word and VBA and restart the computer.
Rename the normal.dotm file and then restart Microsoft Word. When you exit Word, Word will build a new normal.dotm file. If you have a backup of normal.dotm, you can replace the defective file by using the backup copy instead of having Word repair the file.
If the VBE6.DLL is not the correct version, replace it.
If your network permissions are insufficient for access to a TEMP folder on a server share, contact the administrator and determine whether the permissions can be changed. If they cannot, redirect VB to use a local TEMP folder.

Low Disk space is not the problem, since I have 687 GB of free space available. I have Windows 7 Home Premium as my OS.

How can I get MS Word 2010 to operate normally again?

Advertisements

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I think this is a registry problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts
Hi,

Did you try to do any of those solutions?

Try to repair the Office installation How To Perform Repairs in Microsoft Office 2010

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Ok, I have missed many days of work since I posted this topic and then I had a bad slip and fall on "black ice" that caused me to miss 3 more days of work. I am still recovering form all this and finally at least starting to get caught up on work and personal stuff. This is the reason for the long delay.

I did try these items. Unfortunately, the repair choice is not offered when I tried that solution. I only get the uninstall choice, change is not offered for this solution. Is there a different way for me to get to the repair function for MS Word 2010?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

What happens if you run the Setup again?

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I fixed it!

I went to the start page, then all programs, Microsoft Office, and right clicked Word 2010. Then I clicked on "Troubleshoot compatability", then followed the instructions from there. Here is the report this created:

Program Compatibility
Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Application
WINWORD is incompatible.
Detected
Fix application WINWORD
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Application
Detected
WINWORD is incompatible.
Fix application WINWORD
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.

CompatMode
CompatMode # WIN7RTM WINXPSP2

UserVerifySolution
User Verification of Solution Verify_YES

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Braind, 24 March 2014 - 06:05 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Wow Office 2010 not compatible with Windows 7!!!

I'm glad you find the solution for your problem. :thumbsup: