Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting files

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok this statement is causing a red flag for me now.

In the meantime I have been running Malwarebytes, it has found about 125 problems that I have quarantined.

May I suggest something which is to verify that your system is healthy or not by doing the following.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Advertisements

Geekimnot

Geekimnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hi,
I have started a topic in Malware her is the link

http://www.geekstogo...not-delete-etc/

Regards,
Ian

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am subscribed to that topic now also and will wait for the results of the scans and the all clear from the malware tech who helps you. :thumbsup:

Geekimnot

Geekimnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Hi,

I have been receiving massive support from godawgs in the new malware post. It looks as if my issues have been cleared up.

I found that my Nero synk backups were occasionally aborting and when that happened, my deleted files were restored, don't fully understand why that should happen, but now that I have deleted the sync program the problem seem to have been solved.

Thank you for your support with my problem

:D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I am so glad to hear everything has been resolved. I know it has been a long trip to get to this point and Godawgs did a great job assisting you. Thank you for being so patient with everything and allowing us to help you.

Vera396

Vera396

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Step one, download 4Card Recovery online and install it on your computer.

Step two, run it and choose the files that you want to recover, of course, you can choose recover all files in case of the omission of anything.

Step three, scan it by clicking the next button and wait for about ten minutes.

Step four, save the recovered files on other part to avoid losing it again.

Have a try.