Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IP wireless camera

• Please log in to reply

tenncabin

tenncabin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to monitor my home when I'm away. An IP wireless camera seems ideal, but I heard that if the power goes out, it must be rebooted in person. Uninteruptable power supplies only last hours, while some outages can last days. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
The length of time that a UPS lasts depends on the size. With a small load and a lot of batteries, you can have a UPS last a long time. You can also get a generator which automatically starts when the power goes out. A solar array with batteries would also work, at least in the summer.

So, it all depends on what you are willing to pay.