Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help getting rid of virus/malware that wont let me get in any pro

• Please log in to reply

mrsstanford

mrsstanford

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got internet connection by making a new user name through command prompt. I ran webroot anti-virus and malwarebytes chamelon but it didn't work.

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Hello mrsstanford, Posted Image Welcome to the forums!
Posted Image. My name is Biscuithd and I will be assisting you with your Computer issues.

I know how upsetting it can be when one's computer is experiencing problems. I will try to help get things squared away. For a start please make sure that you...

• Carefully read every post completely before doing anything.
  • If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • Do not run any other scans or other software on your computer unless asked as it may make this repair more difficult.
Ok, let's get started. In order to figure out what is wrong with your computer, I'll need a diagnostic scan. Since your computer seems to be unable to function in normal mode, let's see if it will be more cooperative in Safe Mode. If you will, please perform the following steps.

• Please re-start your computer and start tapping F8 repeatedly
  • If this is successful, you will see the Advanced Boot Options screen with the following three options:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command prompt

Please try to start in Safe Mode with Networking (1.)

Posted Image

If Safe Mode with Networking works, then proceed with the following steps. If it does NOT work, restart the computer and try Safe Mode. If Safe Mode works, write back and tell me and I'll coach you on the next steps.

• Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Open Posted Image on the desktop. To do that:
    • XP users: Double click on the OTL icon.
    • Vista / 7 Users: Right click on the icon and click Run as Administrator)
  • Please copy the text in the Quote box below, (Do Not copy the word Quote), and paste it in the Posted Image box in OTL. To do that:
    • Highlight everything inside the quote box, (except the word Quote), right click the mouse and click Copy.

netsvcs
      BASESERVICES
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
      /md5start
      services.*
      explorer.exe
      winlogon.exe
      Userinit.exe
      svchost.exe
      qmgr.dll
      winsock.*
      /md5stop
      dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
      CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Make sure all other windows are closed.
    • Place the mouse pointer inside the Posted Image box, right click and click Paste. This will put the above script inside OTL
    • Click the Quick Scan button
    • Let the scan run uninterrupted.
    • When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt on the desktop. The Extras.txt file will be minimized on the taskbar. These files is also saved in the same location as OTL (it should be on your desktop).
    • Please copy the contents of these files and paste it into your reply. To do that:
    • If the OTL.txt is opened please press ctrl + A , then CTRL + C to copy the content of the file
    • Right click inside the forum post window then click Paste. This will paste the contents of the OTL.txt file in the post window.
[/list]Repeat that for the Extras.txt file.