Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

will not boot into windows

• Please log in to reply

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey guys, got a problem with my desktop and I was hoping I could run it by you and maybe you could give me some ideas of what to do. OK, I did a restart and that's when the issues started. When it booted back up, there was no desktop and there was a message that said "failed to connect to windows services". Ok, so I ran a virus scan and found some crap, removed it, did a restart and now all it will be is boot in a cycle. It runs through post and through the bios just fine but when it gets to windows, it just starts over again with running through post and bios. And it will not boot into safe mode either. I also tried to do a windows repair with the disk and that's a no go there too. Good thing I did a backup the day before. How do I fix this? Help?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Probably the simplest thing to do is restore the backup you made.