Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system / rat agent / Hijaker or trojan [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

crooleeck

crooleeck

• PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

That was the logs from Fixlist and Malwarebytes , Thanks so much for all the help. By the way this is my Dads notebook Ive been wroking on , Im curious if i have any of the same issues, in one of my past posts i was helped and we removed 2 of the same exact files the "Setstrech.exe Setstrech.vbs" but i was curious about those SYS. files

Honestly there are just leftovers from inactive infection. I want to check whole system again. Please perform ESET Online scan:

Step 1:
Download and run TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer. Make sure that you have saved your work and closed all other applications. Hit Start button. Agreed for restart when popup shows.

Step 2:
Please turn off your Kaspersky Internet Security real time protection.

Step 3:
Eset Online Scanner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.

Vista / 7 / 8 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

Please go here then click on: Posted Image

If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the following instructions work with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Posted Image
  • When prompted allow Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

Step 4:
Turn back on your Kaspersky Internet Security real time protection.

In your next post I want to see:
ESET log if found anything.

Advertisements

Kman4488

Kman4488

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Didn't find anything on eset

crooleeck

crooleeck

• PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
Kman4488, sorry for the delay :unsure:

Your system looks good, time to improve security and last check before I said 'all clear' :cool:

Step 1:
Security upadtes:
In the Start screen, type Programs and Features. (If it is not visible, click Settings in the list on the right.) -> Programs and Features and remove Adobe Reader X (10.1.8) MUI (x32 Version: 10.1.8 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Please install new version Adobe Reader or try lighter alternative:

Warning.
Remember to install only software that you need. Adobe installers often install another software by default. Always check what you are installing. Unckeck optional software install:

Posted Image
Step 2:
Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal to clean up the system from inactive antivirus:
Follow the instruction in section number 2 - Download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool:
https://service.mcaf...spx?id=TS101331

Step 3:
Run FRST / FRST64 again and hit Scan button. Please post log in next replay.

In your next post I want to see:
FRST log.

Do you think something is wrong?

crooleeck

crooleeck

• PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
Kman4488, are you with me?

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.