Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low FPS Recently on AMD 7850 2gb

• Please log in to reply

olliebro2

olliebro2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,

Recently i have been seeing my fps in Minecraft go from 400 to 60. This has actually happened in all of my games such as Garrys mod, Tribes Ascend etc. I have run a variety of Virus and Malware software to keep me safe but nothing seems to be dangerous. I do have some queries though. There is something in my task manager process list called System Idle Process which has a number 80 - 85 next to it. Which I thinks is bad but im not sure. Also When Im not doing anything my GPU usage is at 0% which i dont know if its ok or not and it gets to 30% when i play Minecraft.

I f anyone knows a fix or has a solution to my problem I would be honoured to know.

Thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,773 posts
:welcome: olliebro2

Download and run Speccy and post the resultant url for us, details here

Can you also tell us the brand and model name or number of your PSU (power supply unit).

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Have you recently.
Added/removed hardware?
Updated Drivers?
Installed new/removed software?
Used a tool like CCleaner?

Please look in System Restore to see if there are any windows updates installed about the time the problem started.

Re. Task Manager Process Tab. > http://smallbusiness...sage-71907.html