Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD help please!

• Please log in to reply

RizeAbove

RizeAbove

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello and thank you to all who read this. Recently while I was eating dinner and left my laptop open I got the BSOD and the laptop shut down. All I was able to catch was "Bad pool header"

I was doing nothing with the laptop it was simply sitting on the desktop. I am not that familiar with this laptop because I rent it from a store. However I was able to find these specs:

Samsung Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300m APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.48 usable)
64 bit OS

I am wondering what this blue screen could mean..or should I not be worried? If worse case scenario I would have to have the store send the laptop to another state to be repaired which would take weeks...Also could someone explain to me why I am seeing A local disc (C:) And a local disc (D:) because the C drive is saying 82.7 GB free of 178 while the D drive is saying 250 GB free of 267 GB...when I click D drive it lists Samsung Recovery folder and a system software folder.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I currently use Vipre Anti-virus and also Cloud System Booster. I am up to date on all windows updates, and I defrag and run disc cleaner..but that is about all I know to do

Advertisements