Mindspark Toolbar Platform Monitor pop up [Closed]
Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:36 AM
Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:51 AM
I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.
Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.
Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
1.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
2.Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
3.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
4.Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
5.Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
6.Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
7.Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
8.If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:
•Windows Firewall9.If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot.
10.Verify that your system is now functioning normally.
Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:45 AM
48 Hour bump
It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.
- do you still need help with this?
- do you need more time?
- are you having problems following my instructions?
- if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!
Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:16 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users