Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Behaving Weird

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
when I come out of an application or start computer up my icons have all changed position and size - no rhym or reason - just random....

Then when I copy something to desktop its not there but when I go into the side menu its there in the list?

I dont get it...

Edited by ding dong, 18 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi ding dong,

Any chance of a few screenshots to explain what you're seeing here? It does sound a little strange.

Cheers

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
let me see if it does it again - not sure if both issues are related. The icons changing places and size is very annoying....but...

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
It happened again when opening up my PC this morning - all icons in different positions and the size has been changed.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
By any chance, did you manage some before/after screenshots?

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
No, theres not point really - all it will show s my normal desktop and then it all size changed and moved icons.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
it did it again this morning - opened up my pc and all the desktop icons were back to normal.....