Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer repeatedly Shuts Off After Boot

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Does the 9600 GT card that you have require a supplemental 6 pin PCI-E power connection from the PSU.

I will see what if any specifications I can find for the 400W Dynex PSU.
Read the Conclusion here and you wont have any trouble seeing why the brand is not recommended.

Edited by phillpower2, 23 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.
Link added

Advertisements

Insecure5081

Insecure5081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The 9600 does require the 6-pin connector and the GT 610 doesn't. And as far as the PSU I don't have any cash to buy a new one so no other options atm.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
The GT 610 and the Dynex PSU are your best option, I would keep a regular check on your temps and voltages and when you are able to swap in a quality brand bronze rated 500W PSU and return the 9600 GT and see if it is ok.

Insecure5081

Insecure5081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alrighty I've got the GT 610 installed and everything is running cool. Also no random shut offs! Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup: I appreciate your time.

(If the random shut offs start up again should I post a new topic or request this one be re-opened?)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
That is great news Insecure5081 :thumbsup:

Any further problems with it please feel free to post back here, topics are not closed on the tech forums so iammykyl and myself will receive a notification should you reply to this thread.

You are most welcome btw :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Thanks for sorting the problem Phillpower2 while I was partying this weekend, Posted Image

Insecure5081
When you say "everything is running cool", Do you mean that the temps are about normal?
Did you do a clean and reapply of TIM?
Did you install the latest drivers for the GT 610.

Insecure5081

Insecure5081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes everything runs with a low temperature, and I still don't have anything to break down the thermal paste so I didn't re-apply any. And yes my graphics card is all fine.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
OK. thanks.
If it is running nice and cool, I would leave well alone.
When finances available and you're ready for a new PSU, we would be happy to give some recommendations.

Good luck.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Gday.
Thanks for sorting the problem Phillpower2 while I was partying this weekend, Posted Image

You are most welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks Michael, btw that`s as close as I have gotten to a beer all weekend :(