Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello! One handed gamer, need help! Can pay<3

• Please log in to reply

ykMMMMMMMMM

ykMMMMMMMMM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Was semi-professional in Counter-Strike, and getting up to top tier guilds in WoW.. Maybe rank 12 when I was playing.. But, I regress..
I use a Razer Naga (Which is amazing for me) and allows me to play WoW at A-T.. However, I've been thinking about this, just never asked.
Is there ANYWAY to make either a.) A Macro to use as my WASD, or B.) By a product already working in that manner.
Something like ex: http://sterlingadapt...-trackball.jpeg
STRICTLY for WASD use..
BTW;I'm 22 years old, lost my left hand motor function after a stroke in 2011. I was devestated and thought I was just a burden.. Since then, I've been doing well :).

So, IS this possible? Does a product like this exist?

IF NOT, I am willing to pay for it to be build/modded to the way I need. I can unplug my keyboard to use it, it's not a big deal.. Just miss competitive gaming so much.. Makes me feel not disabled anymore..

Compensation wise, talk to me if it doesn't exsist.. I will make it worth while via Paypal.

I'm great with PC's, but haven't coded since High School, and I haven't programmed since I was probably 19.

Thanks so very much, getting a frog in my throat now, so end rant,

-Mikey Email:[email protected]

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday ykMMMMMMMMM, Posted Image
Your link is only to an image, no details, but looks like another physical device and would think that anything not controlled by a hand would be cumbersome and inaccurate to use.

Have you consider voice control, looks to be fairly well developed for gaming, don't know how good any particular product is or what the learning curve would be to become proficient when using it. Here is one to start you off,
> http://www.edimensio...ex.php?cPath=23

Good luck.

ykMMMMMMMMM

ykMMMMMMMMM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, yeah. That's just an example. I'm just looking for a trackball I can use to go up, down, and strafe left/right. I'm sure one COULD be programmed to do so if needed, but, alas, no dice. Couldn't program anymore if I tried, sadly. Probably should have never stopped.