Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD while gaming and watching streams

• Please log in to reply

RawNG

RawNG

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi first time poster here hoping to get some help and learn a thing or two in the process. Over the past 2ish weeks my computer has been randomly restarting while I play DayZ or watching streams. I get the blue error screen a couple times but it's mostly a straight reset and then it says my computer recovered from an unexpected restart.

I ran WhoCrashed and this is what I came up with

On Fri 2/21/2014 3:53:16 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022014-25568-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (0xFFFFF880042085D4)
Bugcheck code: 0x3D (0xFFFFF8800AF1B250, 0x0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880042085D4)
Error: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2/20/2014 7:21:58 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022014-18314-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80003904622, 0xFFFFF8800A816FD0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/17/2014 4:23:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021614-16317-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x56F06)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

----------------------
These are the ones I receive, the dxgmms1.sys is new as of today and between the other two I get ntoskrnl.exe the most. Could really use some help :surrender: :help:

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday RawNG, Posted Image
I see that you have looked for help elsewhere, if you have made any progress in solving the issue, please let us know.
These are the steps I recommend to start with.
1. With the PSU turned off, short out the 2 pins on the CLR_CMOS (Clearing CMOS Jumper)
2. Restart the computer.
3. Again, restart the computer, > enter the BIOS, > go to the exit screen, > select Fail Safe or Default setting, > Save and exit.

4. I recommend a clean install of the Catalyst software.
>Please download and run >http://support.amd.c...riversAuto.aspx
>Stop at step 7, do not install yet,
>follow the instruction at step 8, please read, do not install yet.
> download this uninstaller, on the left of the page, Download version 12.0 > http://www.guru3d.co...wnload.html/<br
>Please read the instructions. > Run the uninstaller. On the restart, if the "found new hardware" pops up, cancel.
>From the desktop, click on the CCC install, follow the prompts. Please report the results.
If any instructions are not clear, let us know before proceeding.

RawNG

RawNG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Mykyl thanks for the response! I have made some progress with someone on my computer and as of now we cleared out any possible causes and now I'm trying out drivers to see if the problem persists. I really apprentice your help and response! :thumbsup:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Your welcome RawNG Posted Image
Have the BSOD stopped?

RawNG

RawNG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
For now they have :happy:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Great. If you have issues again just post back.

Good luck.