Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Determining safe software

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Like many pc users, I get asked how do I clean up my pc and speed it up, are online software offers safe. I don't recommend anything because I really don't know. Even on Geekstogo page I see an advertisment for speed up your pc. Is that just an advertisment or something I can pass on?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
As you are discovering, many of the same problems that exist out in the real world also exist on the internet. To survive, you got to learn how to be careful.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Just use software you need, not what you think you might need.

There is no miracle software to speed up your PC.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
True just use what you need to use. PC does need some maintenance like a car, for me for start keep it cleaned regularly, use Ccleaner for start.

Never mess with Registry Cleaners your only asking for trouble you do not need and it never makes a difference to speed.

I do for one tend to like one software Tune-up Utilities 2014

For one the function to disabling programs when they are not being used and disabling start up programs if there is no way of doing it within a program ( hate to have to do it in the MSCONFIG) .
Gives you performance suggestions.

Again it's always what you know enough of before doing or trying something on a PC yourself.

Edited by jds63, 21 February 2014 - 07:21 PM.

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Thanks I can now tell those to ask to research carefully and post their issues with geekstogo!! :thumbsup:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Your Welcome, it is a good forum here been very helpful for me also.

Forgot to mention always Defragment hard drives at least weekly is a good way keep PC running smoothly.