1. I followed the instructions to remove Roxio. The program was not showing as currently installed (since I had uninstalled it a few years ago.) There were no traces of Roxio in the registry where the link directed me to look.
2. I followed the instructions to remove Sonic. The only place I found traces was in the registry. I found three folders named Sonic, Sonic Solutions, and SonicSonic MPEG-2 Video Decoder. I left these alone. Keep in mind, Roxio had been uninstalled about 6 years ago, and I have used Nero exlusively since then without any problem.
3. The autoplay problem exists for retail CDs and DVDs as well as my own burned ones.
4. I ran AutoPlayConfig and it says autoplay is enabled on all drives in my system.
5. I deleted MPC and reinstalled it as part of K-lite Codec. I have updated this software from time to time as updates become available. Each time there was never any problem.
I did notice on the K-Lite setup, one of the pages offered the choice of ticking a box to enable an MPEG-decoder (I don't remember the exact words. It went to say that this would be useful when playing DVDs. I didn't tick it, and I don't remember ticking the box in the past.)
Same problem continues to exist. Could this be a registry problem, like an incorrect value setting?
Edited by Jackpine, 19 March 2014 - 05:03 PM.