Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

I get horrible FPS in all video games

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I just made an account on this website because I am simply fed up with my horrible FPS lag, and I was hoping that someone could perhaps explain to me why my FPS are so awful. I honestly don't think I should be running 5 FPS on the lowest settings on all of my games, when my laptop simply isn't that old or bad. I have a Gamebooster report here, and I was wondering if some one could take a look and explain why my computer would be functioning so poorly on games like Minecraft (even with FPS boosting mods like Optifine) and League of Legends with the lowest graphics settings. My games usually start out with decent, and then after a few minutes they drop down dramatically to like 3,4, or 5 FPS. If I use Gamebooster it also doesn't seem to have much effect on my games. I already have my energy usage plan on High Performance and I also close off Explorer.exe whenever I start a game. I don't know what could be causing it, unless my laptop really just is that bad. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,588 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo!

After reviewing your report, I can explain a few things. Unfortunately none of it is good news for you.

First the important specs:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600
Memory 2.0 gigs
Video: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

So you laptop, technology wise, is about 6 years old. It has 2 gigs of ram, which it shares with the video. The video is part of the chipset, which we refer to as an integrated solution. Not nearly as fast as a discrete solution (AMD or Nvidia). From your experience, your laptop starts out fine, then after a few min things get really bad. This is mostly due to heat. Even at the lowest settings, the games work your video and cpu really hard. This causes heat. I'm sure your system process utilization is maxed out as well.

If you were to go out and get a new cheap laptop, come back to our forums and we can help you make sense of the specs. There isn't anything we can do for you. Laptops, by their very nature, are non upgradeable.

To better explain integrated vs discrete video, check out this article: http://www.geekstogo...deo-and-gaming/