Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clean copy

• Please log in to reply

mowpar

mowpar

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Can anyone recommend where I can get a clean down load of Crap Cleaner. The last version I had must have had a lingering virus attached. AVG picked up on it and said CCleaner was malicious.

I have since gottren rid of that version and need a new version, hopefully this one will not make me sick.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts
Hi,

Download CCleaner Slim from this page.

Edit: To avoid undesired problems please don't use the Registry cleaner part of CCleaner.

Edited by SleepyDude, 24 February 2014 - 04:03 AM.

mowpar

mowpar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks for the link. With what you suggest, about not using the registry cleaner, this cuts what ccleaner does, in half. Can you tell us, if there is a program that will do what ccleaner does, without containing malicious threats?

I don't want to have to run ccleaner, and then down load a registry cleaner and run it too, if there are other options.

I do want to extend a big THANKS, from me and I am sure from others like me, that rely so heavily on the help, we are able to receive from this forum.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Thanks for the link. With what you suggest, about not using the registry cleaner, this cuts what ccleaner does, in half. Can you tell us, if there is a program that will do what ccleaner does, without containing malicious threats?

I don't want to have to run ccleaner, and then down load a registry cleaner and run it too, if there are other options.

Simply forget the Registry Cleaners we at GeeksToGo don't recommend using that kind of programs. You can read more about it here for example.

I do want to extend a big THANKS, from me and I am sure from others like me, that rely so heavily on the help, we are able to receive from this forum.

You are welcome.

Edited by SleepyDude, 24 February 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
CCleaner does not contain any virus or malware if, especially if you download it from the Piriform web site. The problem is AVG and sometimes Norton reporting false positives.