Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A8Sseries with windows xp factory restore [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

garyd32

garyd32

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i own a old Asus A8S Series notebook laptop

i wont to be able to do a system restore
as i have a few problems with it
i have backed up all my files

i have read google and it says to press F9 when i see the ASUS logo on reboot
but for some reason my laptop dosent show the ASUS logo?

does any one no what to do?
thanks

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hello,

:welcome: According to Asus support you don't see the Asus logo. Here is the link to the Asus support doccument to restore the A8S-c model back to factory specs:
http://support.asus....nch&os=&no=1775

The instructions are the same for the A8S- c, e, g and r models.
I couldn't find anything on restoring or reinstalling the OS on the A8S- x model, so if that's what you have please go to our Wondows XP operating system forum and start a new topic there.

Please take special note of the information under the red Important! headings.

Under number 5. of Method One, I would recommend selecting Recover Windows to first partition only.. This will keep the Recovery partition.

garyd32

garyd32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried what you said before.

But in order to press F9 to get to them settings you need to press F9 when the big ASUS logo appears on start up

For some reason my laptop does not show the asus logo.

When I start my laptop up it goes to a blank screen then 2aecs later it shows the Windows logo then goes to my desktop

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Try pressing F9 as soon as the system starts, before the black screen comes up. If still no joy, please tell me what operating system you have and if you have the Windows install disk or recovery/restore disk that came with the system.

garyd32

garyd32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a asus A8Sseries
Running windows vista

I have tried pressing F9 but can't find where to restore

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hello,

You haven't changed any hardware in the computer have you (like a motherboard or hard disk drive)?
Is this the first time you have tried to reset the computer or have you reformatted and reinstalled the operating system at some point in time?
Do you have the Vista Recovery Disk or Windows installation disk that came with the computer?

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.