Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Popup Windows Flash Open [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Honeybeezhaven

Honeybeezhaven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't know what it is, but it sure seems suspicious and nothing I am experienced enough to try has worked.

It does not matter what website I am at, Hulu, Youtube, Google, while while on a page I'll see a flash, it looks like a popup window that is opened and then closed immediately. The "windows" are all shapes and sizes, in different positions on the screen, sometimes you see a little color or a shape.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, latest version, the same with Flash. No change.
Scanned with the latest version of Avast, nothing.
Downloaded and scanned with Super Anti Spyware and Malwarebytes and still nothing.
Even switched firewalls and downloaded Comodo, but nothing bad found.

I thought maybe Firefoxes popup blocker was going nuts, so I turned it off to see what the window were, but they continued in the same way. No ads load, just the flashes open/closed.

I tried MS Internet Explorer and Comodo's browser and get the same flashes.

Yesterday my computer suddenly shut down, now the flashes/windows are much more frequent.

OS is Windows 7 on a Gateway LT4010U

Something seems wrong, just can't figure out what. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

Before we proceed can you confirm for myself please that the Operating System in use is the Windows 7 Starter Edition or not ?

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.