Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 corrupt

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

OK That was done successfully now how do I get Mozilla to replace outlook express

The portable version by default isn't configured to be the default e-mail client, the only thing I remember right now is that if you click on a e-mail address the system will it will not open in Thunderbird and will open in Outlook Express. Everything else you can do by opening Thunderbird instead of OE.

If you want you can make Thunderbird the default mail application by following the steps on this guide.

If you try to retrieve your email it should ask for your password, does it work now??

Advertisements

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks this works well then
Now that I have my emails imported into Mozilla how can I back this data on a disk or usb

Thanks again for your help with this

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Thanks this works well then
Now that I have my emails imported into Mozilla how can I back this data on a disk or usb

Thanks again for your help with this

Good. The backup is very simple you only need to close the program and copy the folder containing Thunderbird portable to where you like.

You are welcome.

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks kind sir

This forum is very good and you sir are very knowledgable :thumbsup:

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal