Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete GeForse

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
That was a good idea about calling and talking to them. The young man who worked on my computer must have been the one who put this on. Now, I do not want him to get in trouble or lose his job over this. There is no way. He is young and has a family.
The owner of the shop wanted to know if there was a problem with his work. There really wasn't except for this download. I will not say anything to the boss about him for he was a fine young man and I am sure he never expected all these problems for me. So, this time not in anger, but with common sense, I will not take this machine back to that shop, at least not now. Could be the next time we go to the town I will stop and talk to the young man. That is about all I will do about this. No more complaints. I pray that as you said, we can get this working the way it was before. Thank you so much. Your grandmother is a very lucky lady.

Advertisements

Tyskie

Tyskie

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Thank you for your kind words, the world is a better place for having you in it. I did not realise that it was not the owner of the business that did the work and you are quite right not to risk the young man getting into trouble.

We shall wait for one of the experts here to reply to your query :thumbsup:

All the best,

Luke.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Thank you. When I was checking out the different ideas to get rid of GeForce Experience. I found a web page that says you can get rid of drivers you don't want. Is this something I could use to take this off?

Tyskie

Tyskie

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
The (graphics) drivers may or may not be related to your problem. GeForce Experience itself isn't a driver, it is a program that automatically checks for updates and downloads new drivers and you can update the drivers from within GeForce Experience.

I repeat again - you do not need NVidia GeForce Experience on your computer to be able to install graphics drivers. You can remove GFE and still install your drivers manually by downloading them from the NVidia website, here: http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-uk and this website will automatically scan your computer and which graphics drivers are required, if any. You can try downloading and installing the latest drivers if you wish.

NOTE: If you do install new drivers, make sure you carefully read each page before clicking 'Next' and make sure that you do a 'Custom Installation' and that 'Perform clean installation' is ticked and that anything to do with '3D Vision' is not ticked as it is unlikely you will need this.

Have you tried doing a System Restore and restoring your PC to a point before which your problems with slowness started?

Kind regards,

Luke.

Edited by Tyskie, 06 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yes, I did try System restore and this is another thing that I can no longer do. I cannot get a disk scan anymore and my computer is taking over 15 minutes to shut down. There are more but I find them when I try to use them. I will leave the driver thing alone before I mess something else up. Thank you for your help.

Tyskie

Tyskie

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
That is very odd. There's definitely a problem with your system and there's a chance that you may have malware. There are various tools, such as System File Checker, that you can use to check your system for errors and tools for checking for malware too.

I am, however, hesitant to begin the elimination process as I may do it in the wrong order and would prefer if an expert from this forum helped you. I shall see if the person that helped me with my problem in the past could possibly help you out here :thumbsup:

In the meantime, are you familiar with Task Manager? I won't ask you to change anything but you could take a look at Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard simultaneously and then clicking 'Start Task Manager'. Go to the 'Processes' tab and click on the column heading labelled 'CPU' so it shows you what is using the most CPU power at the top. Do the same with the 'Memory' column and see if anything is using a lot of memory.

Luke.

Edited by Tyskie, 06 March 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I shall try to do this. Thank you so much.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Thank you so much for your input. I did not always have this on my machine, only after I took it to the shop and had a few things done with it. As the technician said get the bugs out.

Hi Sharon Lee,

Can you provide us more information about the problems that lead you to the shop?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I will be honest with you, I really can't remember what was going on. It was under warranty and I took it back to have it checked all over. The last time I took it in, they did have it working right but there was this GeForce on my machine. Now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they were trying to help me. But, when I tried to remove it in Add and Remove I could not believe what was going on. All my fonts became very large. I could not do a system restore which I can not do now. I could not get my machine to do a disk scan. I ended up downloading it again. Some of the problems straightened up but I still have GeForce Experience on my computer. I called HP for I was told to do a system recovery. Now, If I had done that, I would really be in trouble now. But, I have no Windows 7 disk for this machine or my laptop. Both my machines are HP. The Desk top is only around 6 months old. That was indeed a adventure for I was talking to someone in India trying to understand what they were saying. Eventually they said I needed a new Virus Protection on here and so they put it on. One hundred and ninety nine dollars later, I still have the problem but now I have a great Virus Protection. It is called iyogi. I am quite sure it must be a great program. I can see where I got talked into this and shake my head. All this started with a program put on my computer that I did not want on here. I know that putting that new Virus Protection was not all that smart but I just wanted to get this to working right and have no more problems with a machine that is almost new. I think you may have the general idea here. I will tell you. I am a grandmother who loves the computer as for the other aspects of it, I know that I have been taken advantage of several times here. My fault entirely. I should have left the thing alone.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

Just to be sure the machine with the problem is the laptop?

Please execute the following steps to get some logs from the computer?

» Minitoolbox log
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (Only Problems)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

» Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) log
Let's check some windows critical services...
Download Farbar Service Scanner and save the file to the Desktop.
  • Run FSS
  • Check all the options
  • click Scan
Post the generated log in your reply.

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hi, no the computer is a Desk Top. I had windows 7 put into this for I did not want Windows 8 and they gave me more room to store stories on. Basically, they made the computer to what I wanted. Big mistake. Guess a WalMart computer would have been just a good and a lot less money. Thank you for your help. I have been on Google for house and every place you go they want you to buy a program. Not anymore. I shall live without System Restore and cleaning disks and the other problems I am having before I put any more into this machine. I am quite sure the warranty is done so I can't take it back to the shop without more money paid out. I am sorry. This is just a mess for me and all I tried to do was get a unwanted download off my machine. Thank you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 25-02-2014
Ran by User (administrator) on 07-03-2014 at 17:36:29
Running from "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\12S1EXPA"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall"=DWORD:0

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================

Action Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

Windows Defender:
==============

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit

**** End of log ****

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the FSS log, can you please post the MiniToolbox log?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I thought you only wanted it if it was my laptop. That is why I never posted it. The problem is my desktop. Sorry.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I thought you only wanted it if it was my laptop. That is why I never posted it. The problem is my desktop. Sorry.

Hi,

Sorry for not explaining properly, I just wanted to know what type of machine we would be working on.

I would like to see both logs generated on the problematic machine. Please.