Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Quintum Tener

• Please log in to reply

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*
While setting up a 16 port Quintum Tenor x2 (VoIP) on a 526kbps dedicated reserved line to an outsourced telephone central, i am wondering if the placement (before the switch or after the switch) can make such a difference. they way i see it. if i place before the switch i can set it to rout all incoming calls via the VoIP to an outsourced call centre (to the seccond quintum) and then can be filtered by the agents and then relevent calls can be bounced back to the switch and routed to the relevent station.

If i place it after the switch, then the switch will be informed to which numbers are snt to the Quintum Tener and forwarded over VoIP to the call centre, and if needed routed back via VoIP the the relevent Station.

what i want to know is, what is the best placement for the Quintum Tener?

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Yeah i've seen those Thrunks before... nice!
Before the switch makes the most sence to me. That reduces to my knowledge the traffic on your switch. It routes it's stuff then before it goes into the switch and keeps it a little more seperated. Both will work though.

Rik

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

Yeah i've seen those Thrunks before... nice!
Before the switch makes the most sence to me. That reduces to my knowledge the traffic on your switch. It routes it's stuff then before it goes into the switch and keeps it a little more seperated. Both will work though.

Rik

View Post

and if i was to have 16 ports on the Tener, what would be best on the switch? i have 16 already on the switch, and i guess that this should be enough?? but i am not sure if the tener would need to take up more

Edited by matthuffy, 09 June 2005 - 01:34 PM.

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
I don't know the capacity of your switch.
Calls don't take up more then 40k i believe.. but in that case you can also move the tenor behind the switch. That would free up some ports and lets you connect any void devices directly into the Tenor. A bigger switch would be 1 solution but to safe that money you could go the other way around and move the tenor behind the switch.

Rik

Edited by Rico750, 09 June 2005 - 02:03 PM.

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

I don't know the capacity of your switch.
Calls don't take up more then 40k i believe.. but in that case you can also move the tenor behind the switch. That would free up some ports and lets you connect any void devices directly into the Tenor. A bigger switch would be 1 solution but to safe that money you could go the other way around and move the tenor behind the switch.

Rik

View Post

money is not a problem for this project, quality is. to extend the amount of ports is no problem at all, i just do not want to overkill :tazz:

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok is your tenor your only gateway router ? or is there something between it before it goes out?

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

ok is your tenor your only gateway router ? or is there something between it before it goes out?

View Post

the only. also, of course i am using an IP provider for the dedicated line, but this is something els. also, thank you for you help on this ;)
the main reason that i am asking these questions, is because i have been setting this up for a while now but using sisco and now starting on Avaya and came accross a few questions from 1 customer of mine. I have IT for this, but they think i should not know all as then i will not need them to work for me :tazz: