Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LX6810 PSU Issue

• Please log in to reply

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

GeekU Freshman

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Hey guys, you helped me save an LX6810 by throwing linux on it. But now i'm running into an issue with the power supply issue. Any time I get on it, it randomly loses power. After searching around I found this is common for these PCs. I'm looking to go a cheap but best bang for my buck. I have enclued the specs for normal replacement, but I'd like to maybe go a little higher on the wattage so I don't run into this issue again.

- 400W Power Supply Replacement PSU
- One (1) 20+4 ATX power connector (supports 20-pin and 24-pin)
- One (1) 12V P4 ATX power connector (4-pin)
- Three (3) large power connectors (4-pin)
- Three (3) SATA power connectors
- One (1) PCI-Express power connector (6-pin)
- One (1) Dell P6 (6-pin)
- One (1) small power connector (4-pin)
- One (1) 4-pin HP Power
- Quiet/Low-noise Operation
- Support 6-pin Auxiliary Cable
- Designed by Athena Power

Dimensions:
Depth: 4"; Height 3.25"; Width x 5.75"

As always you guys are the best.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Hello flyboy1565

Are those the maximum dimensions that you can use or is there any room for manoeuvre such as 5.9" x 5.5" x 3.3" if the latter is ok see here

Found a topic here by DeeJayKrens who says "The Gateway doesn't have a specialized fit, as I've already fit another PSU in it, standard size, but it doesn't have the connectors I need."

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

GeekU Freshman

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
thanks phill, as always your awesome..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
You are most welcome flyboy1565 :)

Please do confirm that any potential PSU will fit before making any purchase and any further questions let us know :thumbsup: