Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:55 AM
Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:14 AM
First I will need to take a look at the computer, if you have any questions then please stop and ask
Please download Malwarebytes AntiRootkit and save it to your desktop.
Full instructions how to use MBAR
Please note: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and note of it.
Unzip/unrar MBAR in a folder to your Desktop and MBAM shall run ...
Click on Next > then on Update button to download fresh definitions.
When database updates click Next
In the following window ensure "Targets" scan for Drivers; Sectors; System are ticked. Then select "Scan button"
If an infection/s are found ensure "Create Restore Point" is checked, then select the "Cleanup Button" to remove threats.
Or if you are sure any entries should be kept, just untick them. A list of infected files will be listed.
The Clean up procedure will be Scheduled for process.
When complete pop-up will show you. Select the Yes button and the system should re-boot to complete the cleaning process.
>> Please attach the two following logs from the mbar folder:
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Select LOP and Purity
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
c:\program files (x86)\Google\Desktop
dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Attach both logs
Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:02 AM
I downloaded the rootkit and it is running, but then I went further into your message and followed the link and when I tried to download from bleeping computer it said it was dangerous for me to download? is this because of the beta? It made me nervous, any advice??
Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 AM
Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:56 AM
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:04 AM
Be advised we remove malware here and do not put it on your system .. We are the good guys
Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:16 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users