Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer won't stop crashing..

• Please log in to reply

Doomz

Doomz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone ( i'm sorry for my english, it won't be perfect..)

I really need help, my computer is driving me crasy.

I made my own computer 3 weeks ago, it works perfectly, but the problem is when I launch a game, about 10-15 minutes after lauching the game, the computer crash (it freezes and i can't do a sh*t).

Here are the specifications :

Crosshair Formula V
AMD FX-9590
8Go Ram Corsair
850W Corsair
Crossfire Radeon 6800 HD

Please help me ! :confused:

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
:welcome: Doomz

What you describe is a common symptom of overheating, can you answer the following for us;
What is the brand and model name or number of the computer case.
How many case fans do you have.
Has the computer been overclocked.
Did you use the stock heatsink and cooling fan that was supplied with the processor.
Is the heatsink securely attached to the top of the processor.

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Phill !

First of all, thanks a lot for your help (even if it's only the beginning).

I've already tought that the problem was the heat, so i've downloaded CPUID HWMonitor to be sure it wasn't that (while playing BF4 my CPU don't heat more than 56°)

But anyway i did what you told me, and this is the result.

Screen ventil.jpg

My case is an Aerocool Syclone II it has tree fans, and i've changed the CPU fan by a watercooling : Cooler Master Seidon 120V.

Once again thanks for your help ! I hope i've answer right to your questions, and I'm here if you have any other ! :P

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Thanks for the update Doomz :thumbsup:

Not enough information showing in Speedfan so please run HWMonitor and post a screenshot for us.

Your temps look ok but we do need to know what the voltages are and you may need to check them in the BIOS for us.

What about any overclocking!

You are welcome btw :)

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi !

Here is the HWMonitor screenshot, and since my computer never worked well yet, no i haven't overclocked it.

Voltage.jpg

Thanks again !

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hello Doomz

HWMonitor results in the main look ok but the CPU voltage may need a look at, I will explain after your next update.

Can you check my link please and confirm that I have the correct version of the MB, CROSSHAIR V FORMULA

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi !

My MB is this one http://www.asus.com/...AIR_V_FORMULAZ/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Are the following connected to your MB;
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)

Not sure if you have read the following thread but here it is

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes ! At the beginning i only had enough pins for the 24 and the 8, and one week ago i bought an adapatator molex -> 4pins.

But it still crash :( .

But there is also a 4pins molex on the left of the cpu (here in the image)

XkSXEM2K9zPBEZZd_500.jpg

do i need to plug it in ?

Thanks !

Edited by Doomz, 05 March 2014 - 11:10 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hello Doomz

You should have a 4 pin EZ plug in there, see chapter 1 - 42 of the MB manual

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Here you have the 4 supply pins,

XkSXEM2K9zPBEZZd_500.jpg

in red : 1x4pins, 1x6 pins, 1x24 pins
in orange : 1x molex 4pins

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

in orange : 1x molex 4pins

Have you got this socket connected and if so are you using an independent molex connection from the PSU as in no other device connected if a dual cable.

The connection concerned is responsible for supplying power to the graphics card/s in a Crossfire set up.

I note that in the user manual ASUS recommend a 1000W PSU for high end video cards used in Crossfire.

What does the Q error LED show when the system crashes.

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes i got this one connected, but it's the same cable the 4pins is connected to.

When the pc crash, no error message is shown, the computer only freeze the screen and i have to force restart..

Doomz

Doomz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay, i just had a new crash, this time with blue screen, it shows that the probleme is related to a certain : "winsys32".

Do you know what it is ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

Yes i got this one connected, but it's the same cable the 4pins is connected to.
It should not be on the same supply as any other device as it is meant to be supplying only the video cards.

When the pc crash, no error message is shown, the computer only freeze the screen and i have to force restart..
You really must read and understand your user manual, the MB has diagnostic LEDs on it and chapter 1 - page 29 details the Q-Code LEDs and the corresponding tables tell you what the problem is.

Okay, i just had a new crash, this time with blue screen, it shows that the probleme is related to a certain : "winsys32".

Do you know what it is ?
A Google search showed this