Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking Failed?

• Please log in to reply

reggaemusicman

reggaemusicman

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok, I builded a computer recently and everything is working good untill I power on the computer recently. Before win xp pro loads I get a message saying overclocked failed. Can anyone please explain to me why this is happening.

P.S I never overclocked anything on the computer.

Thanks.........

Advertisements

Mr White

Mr White

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Try load setup defaults by pressing F2 i had the same problem today and i don't know the cause as well but for me worked to load setup default of values! :) So you can try!

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
It's not F2 for all systems, but as soon as your computer boots you should see a message that says "Press ___ to enter setup". Press this to enter the CMOS setup utility.

If you have Phoenix - AwardBIOS, try going to Standard CMOS Features -> Load Optimized Defaults

Let me know how this works out.

Mr White

Mr White

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
You could be right for example i have AMI Bios ! Ty for the reply.