Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple e-mail accounts on Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

dj_ely

dj_ely

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!
I was just wondering if anyone had any hints or tips...
On my personal webspace i have three separate e-mail addresses, and i would like them all to go to three separate .pst folders/files. I have tried setting each e-mail accont to move to individual .pst files but outlook will only allow it to go to one.

I have currently have it set up so that e-mails that contain the specific individual name are fowarded to the separate individual files but then i loose the html content.

Does anyone know a way around this or have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your time and help,

Chris. :tazz:

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Heya,

Try this. Right now, I'm assuming that you're creating these accounts from within Outlook. Well, instead of having 1 profile with 3 accounts, let's create 3 different profiles, each with a different email address.

First things first, remove 2 of the accounts from the Outlook profile you already have. Now, go to your Mail Settings (START | CONTROL PANEL | MAIL)

Select SHOW PROFILES, then ADD. Follow the instructions (make sure you have the necessary info from your ISP or whatever ... like account names, passwords, addresses, etc.) and create 1 more profile for each of the two other email addresses (one per profile) with an obvious, distinguishing name.

After you have 3 profiles (each with a different email address) click the radio button next to "Promt for a Profile to be Used". Then click OK.

When you start Outlook, it should ask you which profile to use. Choose the appropriate one and you're there. That should also give you 3 pst files.

Let me know if this is what you want to do.

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

• Pip
  • 7 posts
... sure helped me out

dj_ely

dj_ely

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!
Man thanks for taking the time to respond, it wasn't quite what i was thinking but it sounds like a good way around the problem, thanks very much...gona give it a try later.
Cheers again,
Chris.