Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card Reader with USB port is not working properly .

• Please log in to reply

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

At the beginning , I would like to apologize for my language . I do not know English and I use the Google translator .

My problem is that the internal card reader with USB port does not work as it should . Sam card reader works fine, but when you insert a USB device returns an error 43 in the system ( Device Manager ) . The port is operating properly when very slowly insert the USB device.
There is another problem . Recording to USB while running, but after a while drops to 0 bytes / sec. Built-in USB ports ( connected to the second port on the motherboard ) will also cease to function properly . Copying stops or copying is very slow - a maximum of 1 MB / sec.
What is wrong ?
I tried to update the chipset , but it did not work .
I think the problem is software , not hardware . The reader has already been sent back for warranty because the port is moved , but before sending the USB checked . It worked just like now . They sent me a new reader , and it is the same .

After disconnecting the reader, everything goes back to normal. Built-in function as they should.

System: Windows 8.1 x64
Motherboard : GA- 945P - DS3

Thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: Unnamed7

TheGA- 945P - DS3 MB is the socket 775 platform type and the latest drivers/BIOS available are for Windows 7 32 and 64-bit, you have Windows 8.1 64-bit installed so can I ask from where you obtained the drivers and for which OS are they intended.

Provide the brand and model name or number details of the PSU, the card reader and the same for your Ram please.

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you very much for your response.
So first I downloaded the chipset drivers from Gigabyte. They were quite old, so I decided to look at Intel.
https://downloadcent...Id=816&lang=eng

Power Supply: CFT-600-14CS
Unfortunately, I do not know what is the model of the card reader. When buying was not specified, and Device Manager can not find the device name. In any case, it is 6 card reader with 1 USB port. I found on Google that looks just like my reader.
https://encrypted-tb...MTubsrFbBW-Q_QX
RAM: http://zapodaj.net/3...ae549b.png.html

I would add that CPU and RAM was overclocking.

Edited by Unnamed7, 08 March 2014 - 03:58 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
You have two different specification memory sticks in use and you are overclocking, both are bad ideas and so while we are troubleshooting can you go into the BIOS and restore the MBs default factory settings, this will help to ensure that all devices are getting the correct voltages, the different Ram specifications you should look to address in the future and it is not responsible for the present issue.

The error code 43 could be hardware or software related so start with the basics by checking the drivers, having checked I have confirmed that your MB is compatible with Windows 8, Windows compatibility test this does not mean though that all Windows 8 drivers made by other companies will be compatible, also keep in mind that newer is not always better and you may find that the Windows 7 or even Vista drivers will work whereas Windows 8 drivers will not;

If a USB device is generating the Code 43 error, uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of the driver reinstall. This includes any USB Mass Storage Device, USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub.

Properly reinstalling a driver, as in the instructions linked above, is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch.

If reinstalling the correct drivers does not resolve the issue then I would suspect that there may be a USB port power supply problem (not enough voltage)

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I turned off the overclock. Unfortunately, nothing is changed.

I uninstalled a device called "USB Root Hub" and "Enhanced Host Controller", but it caused a problem. No USB port does not work now on your computer. The system probably can not find the drivers. What to do?

As for the power, I think that is not lacking in tension, because when I disconnect from the motherboard panel connected to the second port of the motherboard, also not working properly.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
You must start with the basics and get the chipset drivers for your MB right!

I did mention the following in my last reply;
The error code 43 could be hardware or software related so start with the basics by checking the drivers, having checked I have confirmed that your MB is compatible with Windows 8, Windows compatibility test this does not mean though that all Windows 8 drivers made by other companies will be compatible, also keep in mind that newer is not always better and you may find that the Windows 7 or even Vista drivers will work whereas Windows 8 drivers will not;
Try the latest drivers from Gigabyte for the MB first, Intel and Microsoft are not responsible for providing the latest drivers for your MB, Gigabyte are and as I mentioned previously Gigabyte have not updated the drivers for Windows 8 so try rolling back to either Windows 7 or Vista drivers and see if they are ok.

One to keep in mind for the future, avoid the use of any item that has no name to it - after all would you purchase a Rolls Royce if you did not know what if any engine was under the bonnet, the world is being flooded with poor quality items such as this card reader so please do not assume that your present hardware is faulty or that you may have done something wrong.

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay, but now get into the system? Keyboard and mouse do not respond, and there are no restore points.

As a last resort I can install Windows XP as a temporary second system partition D.

Sorry if I do not answer some of your questions properly, but sometimes the translator does not translate correctly and comprehensively.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Okay, but now get into the system? Keyboard and mouse do not respond, and there are no restore points.

The BIOS chip provides the drivers for the USB ports while the computer is attempting to complete POST (power on self test) and once POST has completed if no specific drivers for a device are found Windows will install it`s own generic drivers for the device/s, are you able to boot into Windows.

If you have a wired PS/2 type keyboard and mouse you should use them if the USB type do not work.

The lack of a restore point suggests that they were/are not enabled within Windows, something to be sure that you check when you are able to.

As a last resort I can install Windows XP as a temporary second system partition D.

For dual booting the oldest OS needs to be on the first partition or you will encounter problems such as not being able to boot into either partition.

Sorry if I do not answer some of your questions properly, but sometimes the translator does not translate correctly and comprehensively.

No need for any apologies :no:
We understand that there may be some confusion sometimes, if you are ever unsure on anything please feel free to let us know, we are here to help if we can :thumbsup:

When you next reply can you tell us exactly where you are up to with this and I will then provide numbered steps for you to take, this will help both of us.

Can I ask how you installed Windows 8.1 as in do you have it on disk or a USB thumb drive or did you do a download install.

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay, so speaking of the USB problem I mean the inability to enter your password or move the mouse. The functionality of the computer ends up on the login screen appears , because nothing else I can do . Keyboard LEDs do not light and the laser from the mouse does not work.

Unfortunately , I have no mouse or keyboard PS / 2 connector .

Restore points I have turned on and has just recently so I restored the system after uninstalling some USB ports (when I myself tried to solve the problem , the system itself could not find the USB drivers ) .
I do not know why now there is not a single point from which I could restore the drivers.

With the installation of Windows XP on partition C can be a problem , because there is unfortunately Windows 8.1. In total, you can always try . What do you think ?
I read on the internet that could be a problem with the installation of an older system to the newer system. Problems with bootloader ?

Windows 8.1 installed on the hard drive via USB stick . From here also checked whether they are system restore points , because as I said, the system can not get .

Edited by Unnamed7, 11 March 2014 - 05:06 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Are your keyboard and mouse plugged directly into the USB ports on the MB at the rear of the case.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking by tapping the F8 key when you restart the computer, this is when the BIOS is still controlling the drivers as in before Windows is allowed to boot up.

Acknowledged that you do not have a PS/2 keyboard or mouse and the restore information.

You are correct regarding the bootloader problems.

Getting into Safe Mode is a starting point.

Advertisements

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The mouse and keyboard connected directly to the rear port of the computer. They come out from the motherboard.
Also connected it to the built-in front of the ports - the same. There also uninstalled the drivers and that I regret.

F8 key does not work.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Uninstalling the USB ports in Windows Device Manager does not explain why your USB ports will not work when you are trying to get into Safe Mode, as I have explained it is the BIOS chip that provides the drivers that allow a computer to complete POST, you would not be able to install Windows in the first place if this was not the case, also keep in mind that you have said "Keyboard LEDs do not light" this also is nothing to do with the drivers, it means that there is no power going to the keyboard, this could be either from the MBs USB port/s or if the keyboard uses batteries are they flat.

Try your keyboard and mouse on another computer to check that they are working.

Can I ask what key you normally tap to get into the BIOS and if you have tried it.

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The keyboard and mouse work on another computer.
This computer also works - in the BIOS, the boot source selection, Hiren's Boot CD ...
The problem occurs only on Windows.

To get to the BIOS, I have to press the DELETE key.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Sorry crossed wires as I thought that the keyboard and mouse were not working at all :unsure:

Are you continually tapping the F8 key as soon as the computer is turned on and right up until you get to the Windows log in screen, it can be tricky getting the timing right sometimes and it needs to be tried a couple of times which obviously means restarting the computer again.

Can you check in the BIOS that the USB ports are enabled.

Not sure where the Hirens boot disk has come into this, can you remove it from the drive and try booting into Windows in Safe Mode please.

Unnamed7

Unnamed7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I push as fast as I can. Unfortunately, the menu does not appear.