Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS/2 Keyboard not working on XP machine

• Please log in to reply

ARK24

ARK24

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
PS/2 keyboard is not working (not even able to use the "Del" key or "F8" to enter BIOS or Safe Mode). PS/2 mouse works fine, USB keyboard and USB mouse also work fine. The PS/2 keyboard was working fine, and then the next time I booted up the PC it stopped working (I don't recall doing anything in particular that could have caused this).

Specs: Windows XP Home Ed. SP3, AMD Sempron 3200+ processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 150 GB HDD.

Edited by ARK24, 08 March 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Do you have another PS/2 keyboard you could try on that computer?

Do you have another computer with PS/2 that you could try that keyboard on?

ARK24

ARK24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
OMG how I did not think of this... !

The current PS/2 keyboard doesn't work in my other PC, so I found another PS/2 keyboard lying around and it works in both computers I tried, so the keyboard is broken then and nothing is wrong with the PC!

Thanks for the response.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You're welcome. :)