Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Acer, Factory reset/make it faster?

• Please log in to reply

Filsoof

Filsoof

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi.

I got a Acer with Windows Vista by a friend of mine, who got a new PC. The problem is just, the computer is quite slow, so I wanted to know if it's possible to reinstall windows/factory reset it without the CD?

IF it ain't possible to reinstall windows/factory reset it without an CD, does any of you know how I could make the computer faster?

Thanks.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Which model number Acer?

Filsoof

Filsoof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Which model number Acer?

Aspire 7530

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Acer.com > Acer Aspire Series, Generic User Guide - Page 32

Note: If your computer did not come with a Recovery CD or System CD, please use Acer eRecovery Management's Backup factory default to CD/DVD feature to burn a backup image to CD or DVD. To ensure the best results when recovering your system using a CD or Acer eRecovery Management, detach all peripherals (except the external Acer ODD, if your computer has one), including your Acer ezDock.

IOW, use the installed "Acer eRecovery Management" software to backup the factory recovery to CD/DVD(s). Then boot the computer from the first CD/DVD and follow the onscreen instructions to restore the original factory image. (Just like it was when it was brand new).

Of course doing this will erase everything currently on the computer.

Filsoof

Filsoof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can I use a USB?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
I would assume so, yes.