Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I am at a lose I need help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ladymav

ladymav

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am running windows xp pro *no idea which SP* About a week ago, I noticed my computer was running super slow, so I ran CCcleaner on it saved the changes to the registry *just encase something went wrong* and went to restart my computer. Windows demands to do an update :angry: I restart the computer to see if that helped fix my lag issue. Now I am locked out of my computer it keeps asking for an admin password which I don't have one. I have always just clicked enter when the empty log in box poped up. Now it is saying that my password and user name are incorrect. I have tried everything I can think of to do *a side from backing up my hard drive and re-installing the OS* I have tried the hidden backdoor admin account in safe mood *it's gone*, I have tried common factory passwords such as admin, Admin, 1234, and so on, I have even used an xp password reset software. It scans my computer and it says I have no password set :wacko: :angry: :confused: So now I am locked out of my computer by a password that does not exist. I have even tried to do the recovery console on a CD and it to says my password is incorrect. I have tried Last known good config, Also I have no option to do a rollback it seems either. What else can I try to do? A side from backing up and re-installing? Please help I have been needing to access and use the programs *some of which I will not be able to ever use again if I have to re-install* and files on my computer for days now.

Edited by ladymav, 11 March 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Geeks to Go Forums > Terms of Use

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers

o. Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

ladymav

ladymav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey I do not want to recovery the password *which there is not one* I want to get onto my computer again. :angry: read the whole question next time

Note I am not asking for the password I am asking for what I can do to access my computer again.

Edited by ladymav, 11 March 2014 - 10:49 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts
What you can do if you have proof of ownership of the computer is ask a local reputable tech or tech store for help, if you use a tech store you will also need to take proof of your address and photo ID such as a passport or driving licence.

ladymav

ladymav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO READ!? I want to access my computer NOT get the password. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ladymav

ladymav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Dear tech person that can not read. I am NOT asking for my password ok? I am saying everything I have done to try to get ON MY COMPUTER. and it has not worked and am asking what else I can try. Now than if you want to come to my house and PAY THE HUNDREDS of dollars for some idiot to format my computer and re-install my OS *because they wouldn't even try to fix the problem* go ahead. I however can not afford to pay someone to do what I can do myself. I want to know what else I personally can do before I have to say good bye to the programs that came with my computer and start all over again.

Edited by ladymav, 11 March 2014 - 11:07 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
We cannot help you bypass or recover any usernames and/or passwords required to boot the computer. Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, Dell's "this system is protected by a password authenication system" should be taken up with Dell tech support, etc. ...

ladymav

ladymav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So you are saying this site wont do anything to help me even though I am NOT trying to bypass the password which DOES NOT exist!? Sounds like this place is a fishing and scamming site to me. :angry:

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
According to the rules, we cannot help you bypass or recover any usernames and/or passwords required to boot the computer.

Edited by SpywareDr, 11 March 2014 - 11:26 AM.

ladymav

ladymav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
AM I ASKING THAT? NO! I AM ASKING WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO GET ON MY COMPUTER BEFORE I HAVE TO FORMAT AND RE-INSTALL BUT CAN YOU UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH? I GUESS NOT. Guess I need to let all my tech buddy's and professors, know to stay away from this virus infested site when they come across a new problem.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Sorry but the only help we can offer is the same as what Microsoft does, which is to reinstall Windows.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 10,589 posts
Perhaps was due to the Registry Cleaning done with Ccleaner. All we can do is an attempt to Restore the computer to an earlier date, if a restore point is available. If not, you just ran out of luck.

Do you have an install CD so you can produce a bootable CD such as BartPE or the UBCD4Win?

If not, try this please. You will need a USB flash drive.

Download http://unetbootin.so...dows-latest.exe to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/rst.sh to the USB drive
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see rst.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash rst.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located at sdb1 named enum.log
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to enum.log. Open it with Notepad.

Copy and paste the enum.log for my review

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 10,589 posts

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed.