Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows wont boot

• Please log in to reply

sajmonczech

sajmonczech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
yesterday I reinstalled windows 7 home premium (legal). I've done this many times before, but issue, that happened to me yesterday was new for me. After successfull install, filled account information, pc had to restart before accessing desktop as usual. When it was restarting it threw "bootmgr is compressed" so I checked all (4) disc partitions and unchecked compress data and hit reboot. After this everytime I start laptop, company logo appears, starts booting as first from DVD then from HDD, nothing shows up only small blinking space. Then again it reboot itself and this is in loop until i turn it off. Please help

My laptop:
MSI GE620DX
CPU: intel i5 2430M
GPU: Nvidia GTX555M
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 500GB, 4 partitions, 2 from manufacturer (400MB total), 280GB primary with windows and 180GB for data

sorry for my english, it's my second language. Tried to find some similiar topics on google, but nothing with this issue

Edited by sajmonczech, 11 March 2014 - 11:04 AM.

Advertisements