Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Problem

• Please log in to reply

Lili

Lili

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok, I've started using mainly Firefox now. Should I not use IE at all? I don't really understand how it could cause me to disconnect in everything, but I'll take your word for it.

Yeah, they usually react more in your favor when you threaten to give your money to someone else. :tazz:

Thank you.

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Lili

Yes please use firefox for a few days lets see if you get the same problems.

Post any time for help if you need to.

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Lili

How is the system running now.

Kc :tazz:

Lili

Lili

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, I was going to post again today actually, because it's still getting disconnected. I've only been using Firefox except for a couple times IE accidently opened when I clicked on a mailto link, but I closed it right away. I also used Netscape a couple times, but mostly just Firefox. I tried listening to the radio online to see if it would get interrupted and it did. I tried several different stations. Just yesterday I got my instant messengers back and with them I can really tell that I'm still getting disconnected. I'm going to stick to Firefox still, since I keep hearing it's more secure, but using only it isn't fixing the problem. I wish I could know what's causing it. Thanks.

Lili

Lili

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
My system is also going a lot slower lately than it used to, which is really ironic because I actually got rid of things and freed up space, so I think maybe it's related to whatever's causing me to be consistantly disconnected from the internet. I do a virus scan every day and today it took 2 hours and 50 minutes to complete the scan! It used to take less than 40 minutes. All the programs have been lagging a lot. It started around the same time as the disconnecting started. I'm still trying to figure this out, but I'm totally lost, so any more help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for all the help you've already given me!

Edit: Well, I've been waiting for an answer for a long time. If you don't know what else I can try, please just tell me so I don't wonder if you just forgot about this topic. Thanks.

Edited by Lili, 20 July 2005 - 04:17 PM.