Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows can FIND users on the local PC, but cannot log into them. EVEN

• Please log in to reply

Yeniaul

Yeniaul

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Windows can FIND users on the local PC, but cannot log into them. EVEN ADMIN!!! I cannot get into the Admin profile or any Other Account on a FRESH INSTALL of XP. What the...? Error as follows:

Windows XP cannot find this account and failed to find the default account. If this continues, please contact Microsoft Support.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Start over. Reinstall XP, preferable do a clean install, including formatting the install partition.

Yeniaul

Yeniaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Start over. Reinstall XP, preferable do a clean install, including formatting the install partition.

I tried that, and It DID NOT WORK!!!!
It just threw me more errors and crap and every time I fresh install OR repair it just errors out more. I basically have a BRICK!!!(I guess.)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Where did you get the CD you are installing with? Is it a retail copy or something you downloaded and burned? Have you ever installed with it before?

Yeniaul

Yeniaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I tried that, and It DID NOT WORK!!!!
It just threw me more errors and crap and every time I fresh install OR repair it just errors out more. I basically have a BRICK!!!(I guess.)

Okay, I got it to install by
1. Booting with Hiren's BootCD
2. Preinstalling NTLDR to HDD
3. Preinstalling WINXP to USB Pendrive with Rufus (comparable to Win2Flash, but better)
4. Running Setup
5. NOT FORMATTING
6. Proceed with a normal fresh install

Also, now I get sh**loads of DRWAT32.EXE opening on boot, filling my memory completely AND filling a
"C:/WINJAVA32/DRWAT32/"
folder with ~100MB copies of DRWAT32.EXE. This fills my HDD and crashes it, but the copies go away after I restart.
I smell MALWARE.....