I'm having stubborn corruption issues on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have tried hard to solve this for almost 2 weeks now, without confluent result.
I'm a bit surprised/offended to find myself being forced to resort to specialized forums like this one to fix my problem because I usually always find a way of my own. But this time I will need you guys.
My problem is very similar to zac1 on this thread, whom receive great help from Rkinner: http://goo.gl/j3omwW
I'm fairly good at digging into Windows OS so I'll be able to follow your instruction very easily, without having you to be extremely detailed and to describe any common IT terms.
- Corrupt system files which leads to problem installing/uninstalling applications, windows update, ssd firmware, basically anything that require deeper system's integration.
- sfc scan find corrupt files but can't fix them all.
Troubleshoot done so far
- Scanned for presence of any malwares/virus/rootkit. Result --> none
- Uninstalled/Reinstalled corrupt applications Result --> Sucess, but had to uninstall the dirty way (Revo uninstaller and manual registry left-over removal)
- Installed all missing .NET Framework & Visual C++ Redistributables
- Registry scan/clean (CCleaner, Little Registry Cleaner, and such) Result --> Many problem found/fixed, without real improvement.
- sfc scan (sfc /scannow)
- checkdisk scan (chkdsk /f /v /r /x /b)
- Reset system's default permission using Tweaking.com's tools (and some manual manipulation)
Generated logs: *list of all generated log files (*all done with elevated administrator privilege:
- sfc scan ---> https://www.dropbox....fc scan log.txt (or sfc scan log.txt 118.13KB 38 downloads)
- chkdsk scan ---> https://www.dropbox....dpgw/chkdsk.txt (or chkdsk.txt 5.98KB 58 downloads)
- OTL scan ---> can't complete a scan because of infinite loop on the AppData directory ---> http://screencast.com/t/C83Rut1Bnqgt
- CheckSUR ---> can't install the System Update Readiness Tool either. Install fail and doesnt provide error code. I can however extract content of the msu (the System Update Readiness Tool installer), but I have no idea what to do with this then... can anyone help please ?
Edited by mrpckk, 13 March 2014 - 04:54 PM.