Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows sound problem

• Please log in to reply

Mr_Boomstick

Mr_Boomstick

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello and thanks for reading this.

First of all, I'm not sure of the exact problem so that might be a vast post and I'm truly sorry about that. So Wednesday everything on my computer worked fine and I had nothing to say about it. The day right after, yesterday, I try to plug my headset, with a microphone, and I could hear the sound but I couldn't talk through the microphone, which was not even detected. So I tried my other headset to see if the headset itself was the problem and the other didn't work either, but they both worked on my brother's laptop. From there I tried to find the issue from the other Turtle Beach PX22 threads but they all referred the posters to playback device pannel or something like that (my computer is in French so I'm not sure of the exact term) and nothing appeared in the pannel, so I tried to unplug my headset and see if my speakers would work, but no, they aren't detected anymore either. Now I'm find no sound and my computer seems to detect the devices being plugged in (It says a "jack plug has been plugged" or something like that whenever I plug or unplug my headset or speakers. I know for a fact that the usb part of the headset works because I tried my mouse in every usb ports and they worked all fine. All that to ask, is it an obvious problem and can you guys help me? Is it an hardware or software problem? It only seems to be my microphone and speakers plugs that stopped working but the computer still detected my px22 headset when I plugged it. Things I tried so far :

-Plug and unplug everything with multiple restarts;
-Troubleshooting windows audio and everything reads fine;
-Restarting the Audio Windows services without success.
(I've also tried to search my whole computer for every tabs or settings related to sounds and nothing seems to work.)

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Hi,

I have had this problem to.... It is due to a crappy shut down. I know this sounds weird, but you have to purposely crash your computer before it comes right again.

To do this while everything it open, you need to press and hole the power button for 6 seconds, leave the computer off for 10 then turn it back on.